Wednesday 22 May 2013

Little Luxuries

I have been rereading Jane Brocket's book,  The Gentle Art of Domesticity.  It is a beautful book, full of lovely photos and writing.  One of her topics is luxury or to be more precise, spoiling yourself with little luxuries every now and then, whether it be visiting a cafe, a couple of skeins of lovely wool, or a bunch of flowers.  It made me think about what I consider to be my little luxuries, or small pleasures, that I buy to treat myself.

So here are a few of my little luxuries, a nice magazine, usually a lifestyle one,  new  fabric or ribbon, fresh flowers, whether they are from my garden or the supermarket, a special bar of soap just for me, a container of drinking chocolate in my pantry for hot chocolates on demand.





Other small pleasures include new library books, a small bar of chocolate, new hand-cream, fresh sheets on a beautifully made bed, a glass of wine.

What are your little luxuries or small pleasures, and when do you treat yourself?

1 comment:

  1. Great post, a bar of chocolate that I don't have to share, time reading a book and fabric for sewing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.