Thursday 10 October 2013

Caramel Apple Scones



As we haven't done a lot of exciting things these holidays, and with Mr J's ankle restricting activities somewhat, I thought I would make something really nice for lunch today.  These Caramel Apple Scones (a recent pinterest find)certainly fitted the bill.  Apple gently fried in butter and cinnamon until soft, a scone dough made with yoghurt and then the apple mixed in.  Topped with caramel icing for a touch of decadence,  they hit the spot as a special treat.  Probably the only thing I would do differently next time would be to add more apple and maybe make them slightly smaller.  Overall a pretty quick and easy but delicious lunch treat, that I have been told I can make again.  High praise indeed..

1 comment:

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.