Friday 28 August 2015

Colourful Options

Grape colourway with AMH

Chocolate colourway with AMH

Sienna colourway with AMH

I have been having a play with some coloured solids for my AMH Irish Chain Quilt. while I procrastinate on how to quilt the SWAK envelope quilt.  Remember I said I thought I wanted it bright and jewel toned.  After taking a pile of my fabrics to Spotlight and laying them with some of their colours, I decided that the blues or greens I had envisioned  for the chains weren't right.  However the grape, chocolate and sienna colourways I quite liked.  I bought a fat quarter of each, came home and had a little play.

What do you think of these choices? - Do you have a preference - I am hoping to avoid using white or black.?


10 comments:

  1. I was impressed by all three but my favourite was the first one, the grape. Have fun deciding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo all that lovely colour! I have to say that i think the grape (first one) works best. Provides the most contrast against the other colours in my view ;) good luck with the decision!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first one really speaks to me! Lovely fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How am I only just now discovering your blog??? What a beautiful site! All of the colors and fabrics and quilts are just my cup of tea. :) So glad to be connecting with you here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the middle one, but I know that you will make the best choice! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a striking collection of fabrics. Look forward to seeing what develops!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! You have an amazingly beautiful stash Julie! I am drooling here......

    ReplyDelete
  8. I looked carefully at all the beautiful fabrics in each photo... got to your writing and realised that I had not noticed the different backgrounds at all LOL, so I am guessing I am no help :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous selection of fabrics here waiting patiently to be used! All are lovely background options, including those in your earlier post! Look forward to seeing which way you go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your fabric pull and I have to go with #2, I really like the chocolate. In my opinion, the brown accentuate the richness of the other colors. :-))

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.