Saturday 7 January 2017

Scenes from my Week












The Scout, Miss B and Mr J have been away in Blenheim at the 21st New Zealand Scout Jamboree for the past 10 days. They return tonight, no doubt tired, but full of so many interesting stories and experiences of what they have done.  While I do enjoy time alone to do all the creative things I like, it does get a little lonely.  Here is some of what I have been up to.

  • I took myself into the city to the Auckland Art Gallery, ostensibly to see the Monet Painting which is currently on loan there.  While I can say I have finally seen a Monet painting in real life I was more impressed by the Maori Portraits: Gottfried Lindauer exhibition.  Photos weren't allowed, but I would thoroughly recommend that anyone in Auckland visit it.  When I had finished I took a little wander up to Albert Park, such stunning blue sky, matching flowers and city scape's that day.
  • Time home alone usually means lots of sewing - I have pieced my Tula Pink City Sampler top - all 45 blocks I made.  I was going to give this to the Hospice, but a family friend has been quite ill so this will be made for her.  Now just to summon the enthusiasm for basting and quilting it.
  • Enjoying making more decorative stitches on another bird for my Bird Dance project
  • Of course reading features too, this is my current read, and I am really enjoying it, interesting quirky characters, a little magic, beautifuly descriptive writing, a little history - almost a fairy tale for grown ups.
Have a fabulous weekend everyone

8 comments:

  1. Love your stitching- its is gorgeous! Enjoy the last few hours of peace....that's if they aren't home by now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have been keeping yourself in a happy place while the family is away. Tula sampler looks fabulous! Your Sue Spargo quilt is growing more colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't you pick the perfect day for a wander in the city! The Tula Pink sampler looks super - I think the smaller block size makes this project more "do-able", I have the book but have put off trying to put some blocks together, maybe I'll have it on my project list! I love your beautiful stitching on the felt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blue flowers made me smile. What a great photo.
    Your time sounds like a lot of fun. I also understand how you start to miss your family. I know you will enjoy hearing the stories and eating the fun treats.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have certainly been busy whilst your family are away. Great projects. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very pleasant week by the look of it. I didn't know there was a Morton Bay Fig tree in Albert park. Is it a blue granny bonnet or purple perhaps?
    Loving your felt birds - the greens and pinks are yummy together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love your sampler top and will make sure I get myself along to art gallery these holidays ... my Mr B was in Tokoroa from 1974-1990 (birth - 16)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love to see the intricate stitching that you do! Beautiful! I don't make any of my dolls (except for a few Rag dolls) but I make most of their clothes. I would love to try something new this year though. Enjoy your week! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.