- Miss B and Mr J are fully recovered from Jamboree now. Yesterday I took the three of us to Clevedon Reserve to hike up to the lookout. It is something Miss B and Mr J have done quite a lot, as there is a permanent Scout camp based there. I however, had never walked this track before. It is a relatively short loop track about 30-40 minutes, but feels a lot longer going up because of the hundreds of stairs. The views were worth it though, as was climbing up through the kauri grove. ( If you hover your cursor of the photos, the will tell you what they are of - thanks for that tip Karen).
- I have been doing a little reading this week. Kristin Harmel has been my new author discovery. Both books are set in modern times, with some flashbacks to characters lives based on historical events from WWII. Her books are an easy read, enjoyable and a little sad at times, the underlying message is make the most of today and the times with special people in your life.
- The garden is extremely dry at present, but a mass of hot colour with all my tropical cannas flowering.
- A little more progress on my bird dance project, finding buttons tiny and cheap enough for the eyes is proving to be a mission. I may have to use beads or even sequins.
- A little baking ready for visitors this weekend - Cornflake Slice, though I only had rice bubbles on hand - I am sure it will still be delicious though.
Have a fabulous weekend!