Sunday 22 January 2017

Scenes from my Week








  • To date, my cucumbers are the most productive plant in my vegetable garden, I have picked about eight this week. These ones were being used in a Thai Cucumber Salad.  My chili plant which I cut back last spring is now producing too. Beetroot are the next best, this was the preparation for a raw beetroot salad.  Links to these recipes will be in January's Cook the Books post.
  • Some hand quilting  - almost looks like sashiko, but it's not.
  • This beautiful book turned up for me at the library the other day, full of gorgeous horticultural artworks - old and contemporary.  There are some very talented horticultural artists in our world. I am also reading Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt, it is a true crime and travel memoir in one.  Really interesting and entertaining so far.
  • Bunches of pretty - these Cosmos were salvaged from my garden after a good storm on Saturday night.  They never cease to make me smile with their pretty colours.
Wishing you all a fabulous week ahead.

6 comments:

  1. Plant looks a magnificent book, lucky you scoring that from the Library. I have Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil on my bookshelf, I bought it many years ago and thoroughly enjoyed the read. It's amazing the cosmos survived the storm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen that Botanical book in my local bookshop- I love botanical art and have even had a few lessons in it! I might put the book on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That book is beautiful isn't it, I am sure you will enjoy reading it. Love your stitching, it might not be traditional, but it is beautiful too! Glad your flowers were safely indoors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    I needed to see the bouquet! Golly, what a week here! Rain, Freezing Rain and ICE everywhere.
    To top it off a very sick son.
    Thank you for the fun scenes. I always enjoy these posts.
    And I would love a fresh cucumber. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to trying out the beetroot salad recipe, I love your hand stitching, lovely and even.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cucumbers! Mine have done zero... flowered and there they have sat! And yes what a storm. Beautiful flowers salvaged.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.